The Berkeley Executive Leadership Program
The Berkeley Executive Leadership Program is a practical, personalized and inspiring answer to the question, "What can I do differently, as a leader, to bring my organization to its full potential?"
Our five-day flagship leadership program attracts women and men from all around the world, from organizations with a fascinating variety of missions and goals. What is shared is a common desire to:
- Assess where you are in your leadership career, with candid feedback from your organization.
- Identify ways to improve your leadership competencies, and ways to align your organization's culture with its strategic goals.
- Plan, in partnership with world class faculty, peers and your own 1:1 personal coach, what you will do after the program to drive your own personal growth, and bring your organization to its full potential.
The Berkeley Executive Leadership Program as a driver of Innovation and Growth
Professor Jennifer Chatman, who leads the program, is on the leading edge of applying organizational culture as a performance tool. She has collected benchmark data on over 450 organizations across a wide variety of industries and geographic locations (including Silicon Valley), and has quantified a direct and powerful link between culture and performance. She has helped dozens of leaders like you use it to dramatically improve performance.
Your personal Organizational Culture Profile (offered only at UC Berkeley-Haas, and administered before you arrive), brings you the hard data you will use to fulfill your organization's potential.
Maximize your Leadership Effectiveness
Our unique program begins long before you arrive. We survey you and the colleagues you choose to create:
- A baseline analysis of your organization's culture today, and your organization's desired culture
- A 360 assessment of your personal leadership styles
- A 360 assessment of your influence styles
- An assessment of your organization's innovation capabilities
Armed with this data, we help you determine what you wish to change to improve the performance of your organization. Throughout the week, you will work with accomplished peers, your personal professional coach, top UC Berkeley faculty, and industry thought leaders to create a personalized plan to unlock innovation and growth, create energy and urgency, and drive results. You will return to your office with a practical, vetted plan you can put to use immediately.
Brief application required. Acceptance notifications within a week. Customers rate the program 9.6/10 on "this program was a worthwhile investment in my personal career development".
- Defining the unique added value of a leader
- Disciplined collaboration: how to collaborate effectively, when to collaborate, and critically, when NOT to collaborate
- Communication, influence and persuasion: identifying your blind spots and improving your effectiveness
- Developing a performance-based culture: case studies in improving organizations through intentional culture management
- Motivating and energizing your organization: helping employees own their jobs and strive for excellence
- Leading through rapport: learning to build trust, listen actively, and find common ground at every level
- Rapid innovation: solving a challenge (nominated by your work colleagues) using the tools of design thinking.
Who should attend
We are looking for accomplished leaders who drive growth in every corner of their organizations. Appropriate experience levels include executive and senior leadership, and individuals with outstanding careers and leadership roles in a variety of settings. This program is by application only.
- November 2-6, 2015, $9,900
- Dr. Jennifer A. Chatman
- Dr. Cameron Anderson
- Dr. Morten Hansen
- Inder Sidhu
- Cort Worthington
- David Viotti
- Dr. Homa Bahrami
- William Cronk
- Anita Anderson
- Kim Fisher